Wednesday, June 15, 2011

soon seng nim

1.
knuckles bent back for legs
i drag into the week.


this is me quiet.

without language
i listen.
dark eyes
in the corner, two stretches high.
i wait.
they throw their voices against me
as if i could be toppled by misuse.

these sounds
dash left to right
a linear colon
syllable stretched into shoulders
short stem into my skin.

but i am not listening
for words.





2.
you need to be powerful he said
long slender fingers on the doorway
he throws them a single sound
it presses across the room
retracting their claws and fangs .
and like this
they are a room of children, books

i force my soft smile straight
the threads of my spine unstitching themselves
i am a stack of translucent pages
useless words printed against
my beaded neck and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment