Thursday, September 30, 2010

to avoid suffocating keep away from children



careful what you wish for he'd repeated
his left pupil tugging at my right

both closed i looked
for something to push the arms towards
all red eyes and skin

in the morning i pulled myself back on
one shredded leg, two
hill climbed back into my shrugging
past complex tributary formations of piss stains and
hey baby i bet your pussy's so good propositions
down the block from my house
i raise my chin , both shoulders aimed square

this is the far end of fear.

weeks of stacking thick chalk board against the
weak will he climbed in through
i didn't go back. i didn't call.

alone the body forgets
so i stirrup strode into metal straws and oversized syringes

pressing deep into padded table into 

any sound but this.

both eyes on the floor
a seventeen year old tried next to me
heart-rate wouldn't lie but i had heard her being vacuumed one room over
and i couldn't blame her. i would be running too

across a blue curtain for privacy her

toes red moonboots, mine gold glitter
so i passed her the word cutie to be casual
two dabs of lavender oil behind the ears
i told how sometimes i take deep breaths when i  calm
down her eyes on my shoes
like they were the only thing she could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment